LINARES, Spain — Since 1954, Santana Motor SA has survived a startup, bankruptcy and shutdown, plus a buyout by the government. Now the company expects to be back in the black next year by producing vehicles for Suzuki Motor Corp. Santana builds more than 35,000 Suzuki sport/utility vehicles (SUV) in southern Spain each year, with 60% of production exported. The company recently started exclusive production of the new Jimny, with both canvas and hardtop. Both vehicles go on sale in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.