SHANGHAI — Volkswagen AG achieves a 6.5% sales growth in China in 2000. Its sales of motor vehicles increased from 315,000 units in 1999 to 336,800 units in 2000, maintaining its 54% market share. The sales of luxury cars rose 300%. The German automaker's larger joint venture Shanghai-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd., a 50-50 partnership with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., saw sales exceed 220,000 units in 2000. FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Co., a venture with First Auto Works in northeast ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.