Scania's modular approach to engines has paved the way for two new V-8 heavy duty truck turbodiesel engines which share similar components with their smaller V-6 sister engines. The 16L V-8 is the most powerful Euro 3-compliant diesel on the European market and offered in two models: the 480 hp and the 580 hp are available in the new top-of-the-line R164 model. Production of the engine already is underway.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.