TURIN – Swedish commercial-vehicle maker Scania AB may be interested in purchasing the 15% of Indian truck builder Ashok Leyland Ltd. controlled by Italy’s Iveco SpA, reports out of India suggest. AB Volvo, a competitor of Scania, also is rumored to be a candidate to purchase the shares, but Ashok Leyland has denied that possibility. Ashok Leyland is the second biggest commercial-vehicle producer in India. Some 15 months ago, Fiat SpA-owned Iveco and India’s Hinduja Group, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.