DETROIT – The Terminator is coming to the land of job termination. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a vocal critic of Detroit auto makers and a proponent of strict carbon-dioxide limits to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions, will speak April 20 to kick off SAE International’s World Congress here at Cobo Center. Although Schwarzenegger’s popularity in Detroit may be in question, his appeal to a global engineering community working to reduce fuel consumption and curb tailpipe emissions ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.