DETROIT – Don’t expect Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s youth-oriented Scion brand to offer hybrid-electric vehicles anytime soon. In fact, Jim Lentz, executive vice president-TMSUSA, says Scion owners are even less interested in HEVs now than when the brand first was established nationwide in 2004. “If you ask a young buyer if they are interested in hybrids, they say absolutely,” Lentz tells Ward’s in a recent interview. “And then you ask a buyer if you had $2,000 to pay, would you buy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.