TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Scion brand is on a roll this year, achieving the same sales volume in the first seven months of 2005 that it achieved in nearly 11 months last year. Because of Scion’s impressive tally to date of 90,150 units, Jim Press, president and chief operating officer-TMSUSA, tells Ward’s here that it is possible a 140,000-unit sales year could be in order for the niche youth brand. “Our factories are working as hard as they can to produce ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.