Federal regulators now fear 1.4 million more defective Firestone brand tires were put on the road than the 6.5 million covered in a massive recall. Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. officials do not agree, and have told the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. (NHTSA) they will not voluntarily expand the recall at this time. But NHTSA says its ongoing investigation of Firestone data — it is not complete — points to a safety concern worthy of public attention. To that end, NHTSA issues a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.