MADRID – SEAT SA’s new Exeo 4-door sedan, set for launch in 2009, will be based on the previous-generation Audi A4 model, sources close to parent Volkswagen AG say. The new model, which will be built at SEAT’s Martorell plant near Barcelona, also will be offered in a wagon version and be targeted to go head-to-head with Ford Motor Co.’s Mondeo in Europe’s D-segment. The D-segment remains one of Western Europe’s largest market sectors with annual sales of more than 1 million units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.