DEARBORN, MI – Good products and steering clear of bankruptcy have been equally important in boosting Ford Motor Co.’s image among consumers, the auto maker’s top marketer says. “The goodwill for the company grew when we decided that we didn’t need (government) help,” says Jim Farley, group vice president of global marketing and Canada, Mexico and South America operations. “There were a lot more people paying attention to Ford.” But product, too, has played a role in Ford’s resurgence. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.