The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority adds the first of two parallel hybrid-powered buses to its fleet. The second bus will be added sometime this month. An advanced parallel-hybrid electric powertrain EP System by General Motors Corp.’s Allison Transmission Div. powers the 40-ft. (12-m) buses. New Flyer of America produced the buses, which will deliver up to 50% better acceleration and significant fuel efficiency savings with the EP System vs. a conventional diesel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.