U.S. light vehicle sales surged in September, led by small cars, minivans and luxury cars. Both the daily selling rate (DSR) and seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) now have increased over the same year-ago period for five consecutive months and in 24 of the last 25. Five of the Top Six companies increased sales over same-month 1999, while several of the smaller automakers posted major double-digit gains. Additionally, the September surge capped off the best model year in history, as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.