SHANGHAI — Shanghai Automotive Co. Ltd. reportedly will acquire a 50% stake in heavy-duty truck maker Shanghai Huizhong Automotive Mfg. Co. Ltd. in a bid to become a complete vehicle maker, not just a parts supplier. Under the agreement, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC) will use its 50% stake in truck maker Shanghai Huizhong and 50% stake in Shanghai Wanzhong Automotive Parts and Components Co., in addition to cash, to buy the estimated 294 million shares that Shanghai Automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.