Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC) commits to negotiate the acquisition of 48.9% of Ssangyong Motor Corp. Ltd. from the South Korean auto maker’s creditors. SAIC’s offer is worth 427 million won ($366 million), a statement issued by Seoul-based Chohung Bank says. Ssangyong Rexton The figure undercuts the $500 million figure that has been circulating in Korean newspapers. Chohung Bank, which owns 55.4% of Ssangyong’s shares, named SAIC the winning bidder on July 23. SAIC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.