SHANGHAI — Despite efforts to realign its product structure and cut production costs, Shanghai Huizhong Automotive Mfg. Co. Ltd. reportedly sees 1998 earnings fall to US$19.5 million, representing a 13.1% decline. The slide is due to China's economic downturn and increased competition, a company statement says. The company has about US$504 million cash on hand and a net cash position of more than US$129 million after taking total debt of US$370 million into consideration. Company ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.