SHANGHAI — Shanghai General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd.'s joint venture product, the Sail economy car, could hit the market in April instead of June or July as originally scheduled. Industry observers say the change is being pushed by SAIC officials so that the Sail can go head to head with the Xiali 2000 Century Plaza, made by Tianjin Xiali and based on Toyota Motor Corp.'s Vitz/Platz platform. Production of both the Sail and Xiali 2000 began at the same time, but the Xiali already is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.