SHANGHAI — China's largest automaker, Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd., is developing a fourth-generation car that could be on the market within two years, sources close to the company say. The new car reportedly will come equipped with a 1.3L-1.6L engine. The vehicle will be priced at about RMB130,000 (US$15,700), comparable to the automaker's Santana standard model. Shanghai-VW also produces the Santana 2000, priced at around RMB180,000 (US$21,740). The next and more affordable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.