SHANGHAI — Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. begins production of Passat model sedans at its new plant. The newly completed RMB5 billion (US$604 million) plant marks the third for the joint venture between Germany's Volkswagen AG and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. The Shanghai Passat, based on the Passat B that VW makes in Germany, should hit the market this month. Shanghai VW anticipates sales of 30,000 units annually. The JV also makes the top-selling Santana. Volkswagen, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.