BEIJING — Auto China 2000 provides a glimpse into the future for some 465,000 Chinese visitors expected at last month's show. Auto giants from around the world flocked to the Beijing auto show to display vehicles that are not available in China, nor suited for today's conditions. But global car companies are looking beyond today toward an idyllic future, where a great many more of China's 1.3 billion people find it essential to own a car. Chinese show-goers seemed to share that vision. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.