Siemens VDO Automotive and Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. are in the final stages of testing a direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), due out first quarter, 2006. Their all-new TPMS system, dubbed “Tire IQ,” touts a sensor with a flexible antenna loop mounted inside the tire cavity, which is energized by and transmits information to a receiver located inside the vehicle. Siemens and Goodyear’s latest tire monitoring technology. The unit uses temperature and pressure to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.