TOULOUSE, France – The explosion in automotive electronics over the next three years will push Siemens VDO Automotive to a virtual sales tie in Europe with archrival Robert Bosch GmbH in terms of electronics and injectors, Siemens VDO executives say. "We're already ahead of Bosch for injectors," says Jean-Luc Maté, who is in charge of Siemens VDO’s innovation strategy. Siemens VDO has introduced piezo injectors on four engines in Europe and will expand to five more within 18 months. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.