Siemens Automotive again aims its focus on safety. The Tier One supplier recently unveiled its weight classification system (WCS), a seat-integrated system designed to determine the occupant's weight and location. By establishing the size of the occupant, the WCS is then able to deploy the airbag at a corresponding force in the event of an impact. Smaller or out-of-position occupants force the airbag to deploy with less intensity, while adult males most likely will face a full-force ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.