PARIS – Supplier Siemens VDO Automotive AG is in discussions with Volkswagen AG to build a diesel engine plant together that would use Siemens' high-tech diesel injectors. The German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported that the factory would involve a €500 million ($542 million) investment, of which as much as €150 million ($163 million) would come from the German state of Saxe. That is the same area where Volkswagen built its Glass Factory for the Phaeton luxury car, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.