ANN ARBOR, MI – The North American market for silicones, used by the auto industry in brake, airbag coating and 4-wheel-drive system applications, will grow from €2.9 billion to €3.6 billion ($3.3 billion-$4.1 billion), forecasts Wacker Chemical Corp. The average annual growth rate for silicones in North America will exceed 6%, outpacing the 5% yearly expansion expected globally, Wacker President and CEO Dirk Funke says prior to a conference here on automotive powertrains. “That’s a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.