VIENNA – Skoda Auto a.s. this week phased out production of its first-generation Octavia, ending a run that began in 1996. Unveiled at the Paris auto show that year, the Octavia was the first completely new Skoda car developed after Volkswagen AG acquired a stake in the Czech auto maker. The Octavia made a significant contribution to Skoda’s success. A total of 1,442,126 first-generation liftbacks and wagons were produced, including semi-knocked-down kits assembled in several plants ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.