VIENNA – Skoda Auto a.s. is planning to launch a new low-cost car in 2011 or 2012 to succeed the first-generation Octavia, currently sold under the model name Octavia Tour, "Inside the company, we refer to the vehicle as the ‘A-entry,’" Skoda Chairman Reinhard Jung says. "It is a car that will resemble the first-generation Octavia to a certain extent, but in view of the trend towards budget cars, we want it to be definitely lower in price.” The car is expected to range €10,000-€12,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.