VIENNA – Skoda Auto a.s. will launch complete-knocked-down assembly of its Octavia model next month at the OOO Volkswagen Group Rus plant in Kaluga, Russia. The Russian plant is a joint venture of Volkswagen AG (54.9%), Skoda (32.9%) and the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (12.2%). “We will be starting with CKD assembly of the Octavia in Kaluga in May,” Horst Muehl, Skoda’s member of the board responsible for production and logistics, tells Ward’s. “This will be a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.