MUMBAI – Skoda Auto India Ltd. is a latecomer to the Indian market, but it’s trying to catch up. Indeed, some observers predict that with its new strategy, Skoda will rewrite all cost-price equations in the Indian market. The auto maker plans to manufacture the economy Fabia, assemble the premium Octavia, import the completely built-up (CBU) Superb luxury sedan and sell 5,000 cars by year’s end with a goal of 50,000 in three years. The overall strategy is to make its cars affordable. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.