VIENNA – An upcoming new model from Skoda Auto reportedly may be manufactured in Mexico. The car, dubbed Global Compact Limousine internally and earlier known as the A-Entry, is set to launch in 2012 and would wear a SEAT badge if it is made in Mexico by parent Volkswagen, the Czech Ekonom business weekly reports citing local supplier sources. Skoda is Volkswagen’s Czech Republic subsidiary and SEAT is its Spanish arm. The new model will be made at Skoda’s main plant in Mlada ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.