In a new plant three miles (5 km) from the North Sea in southern England, production has begun on the ’04 Rolls-Royce that goes on sale in the spring. Artist rendering of new Rolls complex in Goodwood. The Rolls plant sits on a 40-acre (16-ha) site carved out of the sprawling 12,000-acre (4,856-ha) estate owned by Lord Charles March in Goodwood. The greenfield operations consist of four buildings whose roofs sprout greenery so they’ll better blend in with the countryside. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.