CANBERRA – Small passenger car sales boomed in January, as the Australian vehicle market rose 0.4% year-on-year to a record 70,003 units. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries figures show the light-car segment in the month jumped 35.5% to 9,114 units. Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. remained the top-selling brand with 14,383 units, ahead of GM Holden Ltd. with 11,503 and Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. with 7,435. Nevertheless, sales of domestically-built light vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.