Small-statured women and senior citizens can breathe easier knowing Autoliv Inc. is putting into production a seatbelt system designed to modulate during its deployment, thereby reducing chest injury risk. Autoliv’s “Smart Belt” – which debuts this year on the new Mercedes E-Class and BMW 7-Series sedans – is equipped with load limiters that not only adapt to crash severity levels but deploy in harmony with a vehicle’s airbag system. “In a crash, our Smart Belt starts – as in most modern ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.