GENEVA – DaimlerChrysler AG’s Smart brand is taking a close look at whether it can source additional engines from Tritec Motors Ldta, a joint venture between DC’s Chrysler Group and BMW AG. Tritec was formed before the merger that created DC. The JV currently supplies engines for use in BMW’s Mini small car, a relationship BMW wants to sever once its contract runs out. Smart could source engines from Tritec JV in Brazil. Juergen Hubbert, who oversees DC’s Mercedes-Benz, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.