SYDNEY – Local property developers have contacted Mercedes-Benz Australia Ltd. about including its Smart 2-seater in the sale of urban apartments. The car is just 2.5 m (8.2 ft.) long and two can fit into one parking spot. Developers in Sydney and Melbourne see the car as the answer to inner city parking restrictions at apartment developments, because two Smarts can fit into one parking spot. By supplying the cars as part of the property's purchase price, apartment developers say they ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.