B&F Technik Vertriebs GmbH in Speyer, Germany, has adapted the Suprex 0.6L turbocharged engine — used in the DaimlerChrysler Smart City Coupe and Cabrio — for aircraft duty. The engine turns out to be a natural for light aircraft, with few changes needed. B&F Technik uses the Suprex's own engine management system to automatically adjust the turbocharger boost pressure, fuel injection and ignition for optimum performance at a given altitude and oxygen content. This allows almost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.