ZURICH – Executives at DaimlerChrysler AG’s Smart GmbH say it is purely coincidental that the new Forfour model, its first 4-seater, measures 98.4 ins. (250 cm) in wheelbase – the same length as Smart’s existing City Coupe overall. Smart’s new Forfour 4-seater. The original City Coupe's raison d'être was based almost entirely around the potential advantages of packaging two people in a serious car only 250-cm long. And, until now, all City Coupe and Roadster variants have been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.