PARIS — DaimlerChrysler AG is looking to a small-car specialist to help bring its Micro Compact Car (MCC) to profitability. The company is reported to be in discussions with several automakers including Peugeot SA, Fiat SpA and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. about sharing chassis technology. While DC declines comment, Peugeot SA confirms the two companies are talking about the French automaker supplying platform components for a future Smart car. Fiat denies it is talking to DC and Honda has yet ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.