BEIJING — The State Machine-Building Industry Bureau (SMIB), a government watchdog that oversees the country's machinery industry and automotive sector, will be dismantled later this year, sources say. Insiders say 40 of 97 SMIB employees will be transferred to China National Machinery Equipment Group Corp., a division under the SMIB. Another 30 employees will be transferred to a division of the State Economic and Trade Commission (SETC), while the remainder will be transferred to other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.