Some 7,000 of 16,500 workers at Renault SA’s Automobile Dacia SA plant near Bucharest went on strike Feb. 21 over demands for a 23% pay hike. Romania-based Dacia is offering workers a 14% wage increase and says the strike is illegal because a 50% turnout is required by labor rules to make a strike legal. Reports say Dacia is open to negotiations but accuses some strikers of resorting to violence against employees who haven’t joined in the protest. A union representative calls the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.