Kia Motors America’s Soul and Nissan North America Inc.’s Cube small cross/utility vehicles are proving formidable foes to their boxy, established competition, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Scion xB and American Honda Motor Co. Inc.’s Element. On the market for just four months, the Soul quickly is closing in as the top-seller of small, boxy CUVs in the U.S. for 2009. Soul sales through June stood at 11,174 units, just 392 shy of the xB’s 11,566, Ward’s data show. “I can’t exactly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.