JOHANNESBURG – South African new-vehicle sales declined 5.4% last year to 676,097 units, compared with 714,325 in 2006, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers reports. However, sales of medium- and heavy-commercial vehicles rose 6.5% and 16.3%, respectively, in 2007 vs. prior-year. Heavy-commercial deliveries totaled a record 21,901 units, while light-commercial sales gained 2.5% to 204,395. December new-vehicle sales fell 15.1% to 41,813 units, compared with 49,258 in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.