JOHANNESBURG – South African new-vehicle sales declined 9.4% in January to 47,296 units from 52,212 year-ago, the National Assn. of Automobile Manufacturers reports. New-car deliveries fell 14.6% to 30,483 units from 35,687 in like-2007. The January result was the first time since 2003 new-vehicle sales have fallen in the year’s first month. “From a seasonal perspective, January normally represents a relatively strong sales month as buyers, particularly new-car purchasers, seek to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.