JOHANNESBURG – South Africa saw another record year in 2006, as new-vehicle sales increased 15.7% to 714,340 units. “Calendar 2006 represented another exceptional and record year for the South African new-vehicle industry, with both domestic sales and industry production rising to all-time highs,” the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa says. December new-vehicle sales climbed 7.7% to 45,770 units from like-2005’s 42,257. NAAMSA figures show exports rose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.