JOHANNESBURG – August new-vehicle sales totaled 58,040 units, a 3.0% decline from 59,805 year-ago, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa reports. The result was the industry’s fifth consecutive month of decline. Year-to-date, new-vehicle sales are off 1.8% from like-2006. August new-car sales fell 3.8% to 37,719 units from prior-year’s 39,203. However, the result is a 17.2% improvement over July new-car deliveries of 32,176 units. For the year’s first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.