Toyota Motor Corp.’s South African unit says it will export 15,000-20,000 Corollas a year to Australia beginning in 2003, marking the first time Toyota South Africa has exported fully assembled vehicles. Toyota, which owns 36% of Toyota South Africa, says it also will be manufacturing a new “globally strategic model” there for export to other regions, most notably Europe. The Corolla will be built at Toyota South Africa’s Prospecton facility near Durban, which will be improved and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.