JOHANNESBURG – South Africa new-vehicle sales fell 19.7% in July to 42,438 units from prior-year’s 52,856, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa reports. New-car sales dropped 19.1% to 26,015 units from 19,854 year-ago. Factoring in unreported new-car deliveries, NAAMSA estimates the year-on-year decline at 20.1%. Deliveries of light-commercial vehicles, pickup trucks and minibuses slumped 23.5% to 13,164 units from 17,206 in like-2007. Medium-truck sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.