JOHANNESBURG – South African steel producer Iscor met individually with several auto makers recently, in a bid to solve differences over planned price increases for 2003. The discussions have focused on this year's prices, future pricing models and the steel requirements of the automotive industry. Among those involved in the talks were Volkswagen South Africa, Toyota South Africa, DaimlerChrysler AG, BMW AG and Delta Motor Corp. South Africa. The negotiations are the result of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.