JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – South Africa's National Union of Metalworkers (NUMSA), which yesterday announced a 3-year labor pact with auto makers here, says it would have opposed any move by DaimlerChrysler AG to shift production of its Mercedes C-Class to South Africa. Mercedes C-Class The union’s position is in solidarity with its German counterparts. A NUMSA spokesman says the union is a signatory to the International Metalworkers Federation agreement not to allow employers to pay ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.