Vehicle sales up in Brazil at half year SAO PAULO — Brazilian car and truck sales are up 18% from last year. The Brazilian auto-makers' association, Anfavea, says vehicle sales to dealers increased from 92,242 in June 1999 to 109,115 same period this year. Production jumped 24% to 151,526 units from 122,398 units in 1999. June car sales, however, fell 4.3% compared with May. Economists are predicting a 4% growth in the Brazilian market as interest-rate cuts continue to make it easier for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.