Brazil VW chief favored for top job SAO PAULO — Insiders here say Herbert Demel, 46, president of Volkswagen South America, is high on the list to assume the chairmanship of parent Volkswagen AG at its Wolfsburg, Germany, headquarters when Ferdinand Piech retires in 2001. Rumors have been flying for months that Demel is a top running candidate. In Brazil, Demel has downsized the Sao Bernardo do Campo factory, demolishing part of the 40-year-old structure to modernize the plant for the PQ ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.